Thursday, March 27, 2008

Official Minutes for the Former First Lady


I thought this was great. (Screen shot taken from The Onion)

**********************************************************************************

To avoid filing 1,000 blogs under today's date (Sorry. I misspoke. I meant 5.), I'm going to add on to this Billary post some thoughts that I have on her following these wise words: Carpe Amissionis (Seize the Loss- that being the Democratic nomination) ---> if I did it correctly...

Now, I have to admit that Yahoo! articles seem to suck for a number of reasons, but I'm going to use this quote from an article to illustrate a point.

Democratic race over? Clinton doesn't think so
By John Whitesides, Political Correspondent

"I hear it in the atmosphere," Clinton said of the increasingly loud chatter about whether she should drop out and let Democrats focus on the general election campaign.

"But the most common thing that people say to me ... is 'Don't give up, keep going. We're with you.' And I feel really good about that because that's what I intend to do," she told reporters on Tuesday.


What. A. Loser.

I mean, come on. Look: You've lost, Hillary, and if somehow you win the Democratic nomination, people across America just might suspect foul play, and be less inclined to vote for you in the general election. Besides, is this how we want a potential president to think? "People told me not to quit [mostly because they will have to go back to more mundane jobs] so I'm not going to." Let's get real here, Hillary. These idiots are telling you not to drop out because they don't know what they're going to do with themselves if you do. The last thing our next president needs to surround his/herself with is a gaggle of Panglossian numb skulls. Hillary, drop out while you still have some dignity left, and stop listening to what the Kool-Aid-aholics Anonymous members keep telling you!

2 comments:

Stella by Starlight said...

I can't believe this: I was going to post this, also. The Onion is great.

Utah Savage said...

Wow, what a great post. Always you show me things I have not seen or heard before. I should get a list of your sources. I pretty much stick to the old standards of the foggy that I am. NY Times, Washington Post, Slat, Salon, and three or four hours of TV news. I know, I know, I don't really have much of a life. But you and your great site have enlivened it once again.