Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Big Pimpin', Governor Style

Okay, so as I was a New Yorker for over 3 years, I feel that it is my duty to finally blog about the whole Spitzer scandal.

I must preface this by saying how much I love listening to Tony Kornheiser in the morning. I think the show is absolutely hilarious, and it is filled with blogable information.

On the Kornheiser show two mornings ago, the British guy (I don't know his name) presented a good argument:

Why did Spitzer put his 4-diamond hooker on the regional train? Why didn't he splurge a little and put her on an Acela train? It would've saved them some time...

But seriously (which is a hard place to be when thinking about this whole ordeal), the whole thing is ironic. Spitzer was a hypocrite, and I'm sure that he's going to catch hell from those criminals he prosecuted back in his Attorney General days. This is one of the major components of the whole scandal. Here Spitzer was, with his Holier Than Thou mantra, prosecuting prostitution ring leaders (say that 3 times fast), while all the while hooking up with hookers left and right! It would have been one thing if he was just an ordinary scumbag cheater. But the fact that he's a hypocritical scumbag cheater takes things to a whole different level.

So the guy decided to resign this afternoon, stepping down on Monday. FINALLY! I mean, his family is going through hell right now, and it's only going to get worse as more details arise. I'm still curious what kind of "dangerous" acts he wanted the hookers to participate in...

1 comment:

TomCat said...

I have to agree. When I first heard this, before I heard Spitzer's name, it hit me that it could be a Democrat as soon as I realized the prostitute was not male. At least, unlike Craig and Vitter, he had the decency to resign.