Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Immigration Battle in Prince William County, VA

Let's talk about illegal immigration for a moment...

So, in Prince William County, VA, law enforcement officials are cracking down on Latino soccer leagues that they feel may be harboring illegal immigrants. The new immigration law calls for increased attention to illegal immigration in the county. This WAPO article tells the story of soccer leagues in this county and the effect the new law has had on not just the leagues, but the families involved.

While I consider myself to be a somewhat sympathetic person at times, I can't be in this instance. I'm trying to understand if I'm supposed to feel sorry after reading this article, but sadly, I don't.

I'd like to open up a dialog on this topic to see how everyone else feels about this article.

1 comment:

TomCat said...

BigYF, I'm afraid the link points to an article about Spitzer.