Friday, February 29, 2008

Texans Get to Vote TWICE?!?!

The "Oh Hell No" of the Week

Everything really is bigger in Texas... including the number of times you can vote!

When I watched CNN this morning and they said that Texans can vote twice, I was astonished. Bill Clinton actually had a funny little quote about this.



(Please notice the "BILL CLINTON FOR VICE PRESIDENT" sign.)

Well, wtf? I want my vote to count for 3x its worth. Gosh. Why do they always have to have things bigger in Texas?

What's funny to me is that the Democratic candidates are "strongly urging" Texans to vote twice. How can they do this? Well, they don't call it the "Texas two-step" for nothin'.

Find out more here.

Something seems fishy about this whole ordeal. They get to hold a primary and a caucus?

Who has time to do this? You get out and vote early, or you vote in the mixed-primary, and then when it's all said and done, you go out after primary voting is complete, and vote again? I mean, I would love to do that, but does this actually work? I guess we'll have to wait until next week to find out...

2 comments:

Vigilante said...

Bubba let's slip that he's thinking he's going to be elected president! Follow this link. No one took notice, so no one corrected him. You'll notice it if you listen closely!

TomCat said...

Hi BigYF. First, thanks for your visit and comment at Politics Plus. Sorry it took me a couple days to return the visit and blogroll you.

Texas has a strange system. As a result, the delegate counts will probably come in slow on Tuesday night.