Friday, February 22, 2008

Edwards to Jump on the Clinton Ticket?

The Wicked Witch of the West Wing is brewing something in her cauldron...


Many, many Americans are out there wondering if/when two particular people are going to endorse a democratic candidate: John Edwards and Al Gore. We may find out about one of the aforementioned politicians sooner, rather than later.


In today's CNN Political Ticker (I always want to just type "Politicker"), Mooney discusses the possibility of an Edwards endorsement... for Clinton.


I posted a comment on the blog, but we'll see if it shows up. Until then, here is what I wrote:


"I think it's funny that Hillary Clinton used the phrase "change you can Xerox," when she copied Barack Obama's slogan! How hypocritical, and typical
Billary, to point out Obama flaws, while simultaneously exposing her own flaws.

If I were John Edwards, there would be no way I would back this campaign. I
have to agree with Sunny; if he doesn't endorse someone soon, his endorsement is
going to be as irrelevant as American Gladiators after the writer's strike!"

I think it's basically over for Team Hillary. At this point, she may finally decide to restore her dignity (the little that she has remaining). Some political pundits are suggesting that her closing remarks in last night's debate may have alluded to her leaving the race after March 4, though I'm not so sure about that. I don't think that Hillary is going to go down without a fight. I may not like the notion of her being the President of the United States, but I can say that the woman is a bit of a fighter. The fact that she has no problem hinting at the fact that her hubby got a presidential BJ for her own benefit during a debate (with accompanying standing ovation) speaks volumes. Sike. But I don't see her pulling a Romney. She still has a shot at winning this gig, and we cannot forget that. If there's any GOP candidate she's going to channel, it's the "never say die" Huckabee.

The next two weeks are going to be very interesting...

No comments: