Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Someone Read My Blog!

Let me first begin by saying that "Read" is in the past tense...

Yesterday, on my morning commute, I was blessed to be able to witness Obama supporters in front of Silver Spring Station. Hallelujah! I was getting nauseous every morning, to the point where I questioned pregnancy. Standing out there with their stupid Hillary posters, attempting to hand out literature on the Wicked With of the North Former First Lady. Finally, FINALLY my Future President's crew was out there, and modestly so. While Hillary's people made a lot of noise and looked like those people in the mall trying to sell you Dead Sea Secrets to no avail, Obama had a modest crew. They each held a standard Obama '08 sign (one which I'm dying to have but don't know where to get it), and were calm, cool, and collected. It was the passerby that had all of the energy and enthusiasm. It was quite a juxtaposition. Hillary's campaign team made noise, while no one listened, while the Obama campaigners (who I'm not even sure were hired by him after a brief discussion with one of two gentlemen) were quiet and listened and the Washington commuters cheered, gave the thumbs up, and smiled in approval.

It's funny, because I think that this was an awesome display on metaphor. Hillary makes a lot of noise and accomplishes next to nothing, while Obama listens as people come to him.

No comments: