Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Nats NEW Home Opener

No, I didn't get a chance to go to the home opener, but I did get a chance to watch the best part of the game...


And I'm not talking about Zimmerman's game-winning home run...

What, you ask, might I be talking about? Dubya throwing the first pitch, of course!


I held a sense of pride for my fellow DMV (DC/MD/VA) suburbanites who booed the POTUS. It was my dad's birthday, so we had a Seafood Cook-In at the house, which several of his friends attended. One guy said "how can they boo the President?" I told him that I would have not only booed him, but thrown popcorn at him as well. Not only did he throw the first pitch, and got booed at, but he then went upstairs to a nice press box where he helped commentate the game. At this point, I was shocked. Not because he actually stayed at the game past the first pitch, but because of what he did while in the press box. He touched the black dude's arm! Okay, he was wearing a jacket, so he didn't actually touch his black skin, but I found it to be a bit contrive, as though he was trying to prove Kanye West wrong. "I do like black people, Kanye, I do!" My dad said that he probably leaned in after the cameras went off him and said "you're going to get me a drink after this, right?"

What a way to kick off a new season with a new stadium and a new record (undefeated)! Go Nats!

3 comments:

Utah Savage said...

Glad your back.

Big Yellow Forehead said...

I'm glad to be slacking off, er, back too!

Vigilante said...

Yeah, I'v seen this all around. The first time I saw it, I played it over and over, laughing and screaming, louder, Louder, LOUDER! Until I was restrained by those in the house.