Monday, May 19, 2008

Help! Movies!

Okay, so, if you haven't figured it out already, I'm a big dork...

I have a friend coming to the states in just a couple of months, and I'm trying to put together some movies to watch. He's got some that I haven't seen or heard of before, and I was hoping the same for myself. Unfortunately, I'm finding this not to be the case. Any suggestions? I prefer political or controversial movies.

See, he's studying in London, but he's French, and seems to believe that when it's done in French, it's better. This is even his argument for television show theme songs. For example, Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers. Do you know what the French call it? Tic et Tac: Ranger du Risque. It's horrible. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles theme song is the worst in French. I almost cried.

****************************************************************

Since I'm on a topic I don't generally discuss on this blog (old-fashioned entertainment), have you all heard of the show "The Electric Company?"



They're trying to bring it back. And yes, that is Morgan Freeman.

3 comments:

Utah Savage said...

Yes indeed! The movie I most passionately loved this spring is called "Visitor." It is an independent film, won prizes at last years Sundance festival. it's in theaters now. It is a must see.

Yes We Can! said...

Ok, I'm gonna seriously date myself here, but I watched The Electric Company when it was first broadcast... when I was a kid. :)

I loved Easy Reader!

DivaJood said...

I love movies so much, I moved to Los Angeles. And my kids grew up watching the early days of Seseme Street, and The Electric Company, and eventually, Zoom.