Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Obama's Message to Black Americans

Do I think Obama is "talking down" to Black Americans? Of course not!

This article from CNN's Cafferty File asks that very question. I do not feel that Obama is saying anything degrading. What he is saying is the truth. Aside from that imbecile Jesse Jackson, who disagrees? Who are the people who disagree with Bill Cosby when he makes similar statements?

When are we as AMERICANS going to stop blaming others for every single problem. There are plenty of problems that we can solve if we just take a look around our own homes and neighborhood and make the decision to change things-- to evolve.

I just get so irritated. I come from a family where my father's presence had an immediate impact on my upbringing. He was and IS a father --- not a sperm donor. My dad read me books, taught me how to ride a bike, cooked us dinner from time to time, and was a part of my life in every way imaginable. I realize that not every black father is the same way, but my father's actions should be considered the norm-- not the exception.

It's ironic that Jesse Jackson had something to say about this. He's the same sperm donor who had a love child. PLUS, he's a reverend. How holy.

No comments: