Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Oh Hell No!

Wow, those Romanians have really outdone themselves this time...

While driving to work this morning, trying to conserve gas the best way I know how, I was startled to hear about this shockingly stupid story on NPR:

The residents of a Romanian village voted in a dead man as their mayor Sunday, choosing him over his living opponent. The candidate died of liver disease shortly after voting began -- but still won by a margin of 23 votes.

Courtesy The Bryant Park Project Blog

WTF, Romania??!?!!

Yes, I could think of thousands of dead people I'd elect over Dubya, but would that be wise? Well... maybe that's not such a great example, but you know what I mean.

Who's the village idiot here? The guy who LOST???!?!?!?!?!

2 comments:

Utah Savage said...

If it's a choice between John Mc Cain and.....?????? Who would you vote for? Just askin. I wouldn't vote for John McCain.

Utah Savage said...

Would you be interested i writing a short story about a murdering kind of woman. I'm talking short story, as in fiction. Doesn't even need to be a murder that gets done, but my favorite kind of murdering woman is the one who gets away with it. Anyway, if your interested, get back to me. You know where to find me, but it's happening fast. Dcup and I want to put together a collection of stories by talented women writers. I think you got talent. But are you interested? Do you have time to whip one up? My latest story of a heinous woman is called The End Of Love and is posted at my place under Savage Stories.