Thursday, November 6, 2008

New White House Chief of Staff


This just came across my desk: "Rep. Rahm Emanuel (D-Ill.) has accepted the position of White House chief of staff for Barack Obama."

I'm pretty excited. This guy is pretty gangster. I did a little research on him yesterday, and I'm fascinated with the thuggish-ness of this fellow. He curses people out on the phone. He sends people dead fish. He's got a character based off him on The West Wing. I love it! This is just the kind of guy President-Elect Obama is going to need in the White House. He's got experience, and goes through tremendous lengths to get what he wants -- while managing to avoid compromising his values (at least as it appears). Obama is bringing radical change to the White House, and to American politics in general, and I believe Rahm Emanuel is going to help usher in this change -- if only for two years.

1 comment:

Utah Savage said...

I also heard it reported by someone at MSNBC that Ari Gold the agent on Entourage is based on Rahm Emanuel's brother.